Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthdays

For Daniel's birthday this year, his parents gave him a DSLR camera. It is an older model, but so far Daniel loves it. He is continually pointing the lens at me, trying out different settings and playing around with it. This is problematic because I have never really enjoyed having my photo taken, and more often than not when Daniel points the camera at me I pull an annoying face.

Since receiving the camera on Tuesday, Daniel has already taken numerous photos and I am starting to learn how to ignore him when he points the camera at my face. I am very grateful though for all the time he spent taking photos of jars with buttons in them for this blog and for his expertise in all things technology :)

After a bit of discussion on how Daniel can practice his photography skills, we came up with the idea that after I finish making an item of clothing he could take photos of me and we could post them online. I am excited about this, as this is a project we can undertake together and have a bit of fun with. I am going to have to get over my fear of having my photo taken though.

This is a dress I made late last year for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. I made it from an old dress pattern that my Mum had been given by a friend. I really like finding great old patterns and then making them up.

This is the first photo shoot we have attempted (on our little digital camera). It was just a bit of fun after the party. Hopefully it shows the dress ok.















No comments:

Post a Comment