First I cleaned the wall with sugar soap, and taped it up.
Next, I prepared the paint tray. I used cling wrap to line the tray so as to save on clean up time. I would have used foil like in this picture but I had run out of it (another Pinterest find).
Then the fun began!
Now, I haven't done much painting in my time so I was a little bit nervous. Thankfully, being black paint it seems to hide a lot of the imperfections. Plus, once it has chalk on it no-one will ever notice all my mistakes :).
After finishing the first coat we left the house because it smelt terribly. In the morning, before driving to Launceston, I added the second and last coat of paint.
|Arrghh, bed hair!|
We then took the tape off the wall (and just to clarify, this is Daniel's hairy arm, not mine!).
It was finished...
and time to be used. Here is a close up of our first drawing on our new chalkboard wall.
The chalk is being held in a spice tin, which is stuck to the wall with bluetack.
Here is Nicholas trying to get away from the wall as fast as possible.