Friday, April 23, 2010

So far so good!

So far the dress is coming along nicely. I have cut out all the pattern pieces. I have made the bodice, sewn the darts on the main material and am now up to drawing and sewing the darts onto the lining. After that the piecing together will begin!

So far the dress has not been as challenging as I thought it was going to be. I'm hoping this will change as this week I get to use an invisible zip in for the first time :)

Here are some photos to show my progress. I apologise for my lack of photography skills!

tracing the pattern

preparing to cut

the bodice - lined and all

the many darts

So far in my short sewing career I have also not had the opportunity of sewing something with lining. I am lining this whole dress, even though it only requires the top to be lined. I am doing this because the wedding is in winter and I figure the lining will make it warmer to wear on a cold day, plus it will help it sit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment