Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apricot chutney!

Nicholas has been super clingy, whiny and awake this week. He is only having two 45min sleeps during the day and then will go to sleep for about an hour in the evening before waking up for an hour or two and then heading back to sleep. If we are lucky he might sleep for a few hours before waking up and needing one of us to go and resettle him. It's been doing my head in, and I am exhausted. I think he might be teething?

To help the situation, I decided that I would spend the day at my parents' place with my Mum and Aunt, so I didn't have to be left with Nicholas by myself all day... meaning that what could have been a really stressful day, because every time I left the room or even turned around Nicholas would cry, turned out to be surprising stress free. As a bonus, I was even able to have a quick nap in the afternoon to rejuvenate for the rest of the day.

Like I have mentioned previously, I love going to my parents' place to get away from it all. It is peaceful, quiet and beautiful, especially on sunny days like toady. 


And even though Nicholas was super clingy, he was happy enough to sit in his chair (in front of me), eating, just for long enough to prepare everything I needed in order to cook up some apricot chutney. 



 Here are the apricots - picked fresh off my parent's-in-laws tree.


Here is a the kilo of onions I cut up in halves and quarters, and then put in the food processor to cut up more finely. I refuse to spend ages cutting up onions. It is so time consuming. This is my Mum's food processor. A bit more advanced than my own, but I use mine for everything I can - cutting up onions, mixing banana cake muffins and dip, chopping up vegetables to make Nicholas puree - I love it.



Adding the sugar - sooooo much!

And the chutney before we spooned it into jars - YUM.

I am so glad the day turned out to be productive, and that I didn't stay at home and mope about!


1 comment: