Saturday, April 13, 2013

Toddler Busy Bag Swap

I attended my first toddler busy bag swap yesterday. If you haven't participated in a busy bag swap, you should. All you need to do is get a few friends together (we had 10), and have everyone create an age appropriate activity (there are heaps of ideas on Pinterest. Just type 'busy bag swap' in their search engine), and replicate it 10 times. Then on the set date, meet up with the other 9 people and swap bags. At the end you get to take home 10 bags, each with a different activity. This is a great idea, especially with winter setting in and the days getting colder.

My activity was based around Tinkerlab's Art Dice concept. My Dad cut the cubes for me, I sanded and drew on them, added some more ideas for the using the die, and presto, I had a busy bag activity. It really was as easy as that.




And this is what I returned with:
Two threading activities



A colour matching activity

Two cars and a city map

Laminated shape recognition cards

And some craft activities



And already Nicholas is loving the threading activity.






I am so glad I participated in this busy bag swap, and have signed up for a pre-school age swap in June. I'm already looking forward to all the different ideas and activities that people will come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment