Thursday, May 26, 2011

Knitted Goodies

It is almost winter here in Hobart. I am already feeling cold in the night, especially when one particular baby wakes up for a feed, and am dreading what is to come. However, no matter how cold I get during winter, the one thing I love about it is having an excuse to wear my many and varied beanies (not all at the same time). I have always lamented the fact that my birthday is in January, a summer month, and so I will never receive beanies, scarves or gloves as birthday gifts. Having a baby in winter is great though. I have received so many knitted goodies and am trying to remember to dress Nicholas in them regularly before he grows out of them.

This is Nicholas looking cute in a jumper and beanie his Great Auntie Els made him.



Another great thing about winter is having an excuse to sit down in front of the fire on a cold night and knit. Now I am not the greatest knitter in the world. I only really know two stitches, knit and purl, but I have a desire to learn more and am slowly becoming faster. Throughout my pregnancy I knitted three little beanies for three little babies. I enjoyed making them, even though it was tedious with carpel tunnel, and was pleased with the final outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment