Friday, May 6, 2011

Mail!

I love receiving mail the 'traditional' way, and this week I received three exciting things in my mail box.

Firstly, was this print


from Clare Owen Drawing etsy store, the link which I found on the Frankie blog. I love this print and cannot wait to get it into a frame and on the wall for all the see.

Frankie magazine is a magazine I have been wanting to post about for a while. It is a must read magazine for anyone who is creative, likes reading well-written articles which are funny, serious and about real people in your neighbourhood. An old friend of mine got me onto this magazine early on, and I have been reading it ever since. It is definitely worth a subscription if you have the cash (I love receiving this mag in the mail every 2 months).

The second thing I received in the mail was a recycled book from this Etsy store Jay Elle Design. I love this book and spent ages searching the Etsy pages for the perfect book in which Daniel and I can write all the milestones of our newborn. I had looked in book stores at baby books which give you space to write all the important dates and events of your child's life in specific places, but it just seemed too prescriptive and stale, so we decided to choose a more organic way of going about it and choose this little book to do the job. And thanks to Kate and Nathan (sister and bro-in-law) for the lovely gift and the the freedom to choose something we really liked.



The third thing which I received in the mail, which was a bit of a surprise, was a letter from my long-term pen-pal. We started writing to each other when we were in grade 7 and have been writing ever since, which is about 14 years now! Until a few years ago we hadn't met, but when I got married in 2006 she traveled over from Perth with her boyfriend to attend the wedding. Then about 6 months later when Daniel and I went to Western Australia for a friends wedding we visited them both before we headed back to Tassie. It was really nice getting a chance to know her in person and hopefully we will have a chance to meet again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment