Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh Christmas tree!

This our Christmas tree.

It was originally meant to be an advent calendar. However, my Mum never got around to putting pockets onto it, so it turned into a Christmas tree. I like it because it conveniently doesn't take up a lot of space. Plus, it doesn't leave a mess.

As kids we always had a traditional Christmas tree, but since leaving home I have never been bothered buying one. It just didn't seem important. This year, since having Nicholas though, I have viewed Christmas a little differently. For the first time in ages, I have been excited about Christmas. I've been listening to Christmas music, putting up decorations, as well as making decorations, reading and talking to Nicholas about the birth of Christ, making lots of handmade presents, writing Christmas cards and spending time with family and friends. It has been fun. Since having kids, my sister is always commenting on how much more exciting Christmas is, and I think I would have to agree.

So when I drove past this sign,









I just couldn't resist taking one :). So we bought a few decorations and put it on the front porch.



I also bought this nativity scene template that I will eventually sew together, but probably not before next Christmas. I like it because it doesn't have tiny pieces that could become stuck in a little person's mouth.


1 comment:

  1. Hehe, we saw those trees too! I love Christmas with little ones, it's so fun to get into the festivity :)

    ReplyDelete