Saturday, June 11, 2011

Instant Friends!

I love that, even though Nicholas has only just arrived in this world (the outside), he already has a group of lovely little baby friends. This year saw a sudden boom in the baby population among my friends and family. My sister had a daughter, my cousin had a son, two of my close friends had boys, and another had a daughter, and a mate of Daniel's had a son. Plus, I just found out there will be a new baby in the family later in the year. Also, there have been and will be many more babies born into our church this year. It is a year for the babies :).

I love the thought that all these little children will grow up together. I especially like the fact that little Nicholas will grow up with his family - first cousins, first cousins once removed, second cousins, aunts, uncles and great aunts. So many family members! Growing up without extended family members and grandparents near by, this is something I really want my children to be able to have in their lives - the friendship of cousins and the love of grandparents.

In fact, in the last week Nicholas has been to two play dates, one with family and the other with friends who are just as close as family. Nicholas slept through most of it, both times, but it was fun. It is so nice spending time with friends who have children and are going through the same things as me. It is comforting to know I am not alone during this challenging and changing time in my life :)




Nicholas with his cousins Ryan (2 years) and Evelyn (13 weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment