Monday, April 9, 2012

Little People

Nicholas and I have been attending a few little people's birthday parties this past month, so I made a few little presents and cards.

First I made another cap, but this time a size bigger and in brown corduroy. So cute.






I love this little hat. I think I am going to have to make one for Nicholas.

Then made another pixie hat, and a colourful card for a cute little girl I know.



For the last first birthday we attended, I made this card...


and gave the little one year old a wonderful children's CD by Holly Throsby called See. This is a great sound track which is super kid friendly. The songs are catchy and easily stick in your head for days afterwards, which is a problem when you don't know all the words yet. They are carefree and have a childhood naivety about them which I love. And even with winter drawing in when I listen to it, it reminds me of summer. Nicholas always bops up and down when he hears it. I have even been singing one of the songs during swimming lessons at work, "I'm going to buy you a motor boat and we'll go 'put put', over the ocean...". It seems quite appropriate. This is the only song I can find that has been put up on YouTube so far. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment