Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thermomix adventure no. 1

So I did something recently that I never thought I would do. I spent an obscene amount of money on a kitchen appliance. But not just any kitchen appliance I might add... a Thermomix. And I must say, this is one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. I think it is fantastic. It saves time when cooking and motivates me try new food, and since it arrived on Tuesday I have been using it two to three times daily.

On Tuesday, after it was dropped off, at 3pm in the afternoon I used it 3 times. I made a carrot salad, cauliflower soup and quince paste, and the quince paste turned out amazingly.


I used some quinces I picked up from the side of the road, and I followed this quince paste recipe I found on the Thermomix community site. Unlike my attempts at making quince paste last year this was surprisingly easy because it avoided all the time wasted in straining the paste to make it fine and smooth. 
Here I am cutting everything up.
This is the core and peel after it had been blitzed, and before the water had been added.
Here it is after being cooked for 25mins, but before being strained to get the liquid out.
After cooking for a massive 50mins it is ready to be placed in the tray to cool and set.
Such a vibrant red colour.
The end product: so smooth and tasty :).
 I am looking forward to all the Thermomix adventures that are ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment