Sunday, December 2, 2012

B is for Bees and Backyard

Over the last few weeks we have been spending a lovely amount of time in the backyard. I have been pulling weeds out of everything. Daniel has been espaliering trees and making beehives. I just love spring/summer time. All the fruit is out on the trees, the bees are buzzing around and Nicholas just loves playing in the water, so why not spend as much time outside as possible.

Daniel's beehive being built.





The Nashi tree being espaliered.



My raspberry and strawberry patch being covered up to protect it from all the blackbirds. A few weeks ago actually I counted 16 blackbirds in the backyard all hoping and jumping around. I had never seen so many in one place before.


 And Nicholas enjoying some water play.


1 comment:

  1. Hehe, the blackbirds all "hoping and jumping around"...I bet they were "hoping" (for a feed)!

    ReplyDelete